The International House World Organisation está reconocido mundialmente como uno de los mejores centros en la calidad de formación de profesorado.
IH lleva más de 50 años formando profesores de Universidades y Centros de Idiomas. Se pueden consultar los cursos ofrecidos en el siguiente enlace: http://www.ihworld.com/teachertraining/.
Estos cursos se imparten en modalidad online, realizándose la parte práctica en nuestras instalaciones con el asesoramiento de los Directores de Estudios.
Cambridge Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA)
CELTA – Cambridge ESOL in Valladolid (Spain)
The Cambridge CELTA is run in over 200 centres worldwide and is widely regarded as one of the most important forms of training in teaching English as a foreign language (TEFL). It is recognised internationally.
The course is intended for those without any teaching experience and for teachers with experience but no formal qualification in teaching English to speakers of other languages (TESOL).
- be at least 18.
- have an awareness of language and competence in English, both written and spoken, that enables them to undertake the course and prepare for teaching a range of levels.
- have the potential to develop the necessary skills to become effective teachers and to successfully complete the written assignments and the assessment of practice teaching.
In addition, all applicants must complete an application form and pre-interview task and must have an interview. (All applications are governed by the International House equal opportunities policy.) The pre-interview task challenges you and shows you the areas you’ll be involved in during the course. It also helps the Centre to accept only those who we think can successfully complete the course.
The course is very intensive and concentrates on the practical rather than the theoretical, with a significant amount of teaching practice. The course is divided into:
- Methodology i.e. techniques and strategies for teaching.
- Language awareness i.e. grammar, vocabulary, language function and phonology.
- Supervised and observed Teaching Practice, teaching English to groups of learners at two levels – 6 hours in total.
- Observation of experienced teachers.
- 4 written assignments
- Guidelines for further professional development after the course
Mode of study:
The course is full-time, 5 days a week for four weeks. You will need to clear any commitments you have during this time as the course is very intensive.
Class size is kept to a maximum of 12 trainees with a minimum of 2 tutors.
For more information about the CELTA – Cambridge ESOL in Valladolid (Spain)